Premier art and fine crafts show features an outstanding array of art, music, food
Milford, Ohio – The Greater Milford Area Historical Society (GMAHS), in association with Lykins Energy Solutions, will present the 13th Annual Art Affaire – Milford’s premier art and fine craft show – on Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11 am to 5 pm. This event is free and open to the public and will be held, rain or shine, on a closed three-block section of Main Street (U.S. Route 50) in historic Milford, Ohio 45150.
“Art Affaire is a primary fundraiser for GMAHS,” comments Donna Amann, administrator, GMAHS. “We are extremely pleased that the show continues to grow, our sponsors stay committed, and the community embraces this magnificent display of local and regional art. The Main Street venue in historic Milford is also very special, as it allows us to showcase artists as well as feature the quaint shops and cafes on the street.”
The 2018 Art Affaire call to artists generated a record-number of applications. “We received our largest-ever number of applications with nearly 40 percent of those from artists new to Art Affaire,” says Mary Ward, artist coordinator, Art Affaire. “We are definitely pleased with the quality and diversity of this year’s participating artists.”
The 13th Annual Art Affaire will feature:
- A record-breaking 120 juried local and regional artists exhibiting and selling original works in clay, digital art, drawing, fiber art, glass, jewelry, leather, metalwork, mixed media, painting, paper and print making, photography, sculpture, wearable art and wood.
- A number of demonstrating artists, including the Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild; Wade McCarren and O’Neal Johnston, wood carving; June Ludwick, pine needle baskets; John Middick, drawing; and more.
- A variety of strolling musical entertainment including Civil War guitarist, Steve Ball; Bear Foot with Russ and Barb Childers featuring Appalachian music and storytelling; Kevin Moran, Americana music; Lars Noble, country music; Roaring 20’s Barbershop Quartet; and Wild Carrot with American roots music.
- Food by 20 Brix, Harvest Market, Lehr’s Prime Market, Padrino Italian and Tickled Sweet; and wine and beer from Lehr’s Prime Market. The event will feature two hospitality tents where visitors can relax and enjoy refreshments.
- A Community Cultural Tent featuring local and regional arts-related organizations including Artsy Fartsy, Cincinnati Art Museum, Clermont Chorale, Clermont County Public Library, Historic Milford Association (HMA), Milford History Library, Milford Theatre Guilde and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)/UC Clermont.
“Art Affaire continues to enhance its growing reputation,” says 2017 Art Affaire Best of Show winners and jewelry artists, Aaron Rubinstein and Haguit Rubinstein-Towler. “The 2017 show was our first participation in Art Affaire, and we were extremely pleased with the overall quality of art and the excellent event organization. We are excited to participate again in this year’s Art Affaire and look forward to seeing return customers.”
Art Affaire is presented by the Greater Milford Area Historical Society in association with Lykins Energy Solutions. Key sponsorship is provided by the Historic Milford Association (HMA), Lovins Insurance, the City of Milford, PDQ Buildings and Proforma Albrecht & Company; with added support from a number of Milford and Miami Township businesses, organizations and individuals including Accounting Plus LLC, Angels House of Music, Earworm Records, Eric Campman, Mike Castrucci Auto Group, Clermont Equipment, Copper Blue/Grub Shack, DCA Certified Public Accountants, D.E.R. Development, Evans Funeral Home, Frisch’s, Little Miami Brewing Company, Miami Township, Mixit Entertainment, Park National Bank, People’s Bank, Row House Gallery, Doug Smithson Insurance, Sora’s Towing, Suite Paws Pet Resort & Spa, Ulmer’s Auto Care and Jeff Wyler Automotive Family.
About Art Affaire
Art Affaire is a juried, outdoor art and fine crafts show held on Main Street in historic Milford, Ohio and is a key annual fundraiser for the Greater Milford Area Historical Society (GMAHS). Initiated in 2005, Art Affaire has significantly grown each year and now features over 120 artists, live music and entertainment and food. Art Affaire, which is free and open to the public, is held annually the fourth Saturday in September. For more information, visit www.MilfordHistory.net or www.Facebook.com/artaffaire.
About Greater Milford Area Historical Society
The Greater Milford Area Historical Society, Inc. (a 501c3, non-profit) was founded in 1967 with the purpose of emphasizing the history of Milford. A small historic museum was started at 114 Main Street. In 1983, the Society relocated to its present location, Promont, located at 906 Main Street, Milford, Ohio. Promont was the home of John M. Pattison, 43rd Governor of Ohio and the only governor from Clermont County. In addition to improvements to the Museum, the Society has expanded its historical programs and collaborative initiatives in the community; and, also broadened its scope to include Miami Township. The GMAHS is especially proud of its Partners-in-Education programs in the Milford schools, an award winning effort of the Society’s volunteers; its local community programs and historical research; and, its annual Art Affaire, Milford’s premier art and fine craft show. For more information, visit www.milfordhistory.net.