Drew Kluender scored 8 with 2-3 from 3 pt. range
Skins over Tigers 50-49
By Todd Robinson
Loveland, Ohio – Loveland hosted the Anderson Redskins at Tiger Court on a rare Thursday night men’s game. In a back and forth affair that featured 10 lead changes, the Redskins hit the final bucket of the game with 1.2 seconds left to defeat the Tigers 50-49.
Anderson jumped out to a 13-8 lead after the first quarter. But Loveland closed the gap to just one at halftime, down 27-28, as Jacob Campbell rebounded a teammate’s desperation shot and his 10 foot put back jumper beat the buzzer.
The Tigers took the lead after three quarters as sophomore Tripp Willis made the last two Tiger baskets of the quarter to give Loveland a 39-37 lead.
– Going down the final stretch, Loveland had a 47-45 lead with 52 seconds left in the game, but missed a one-on-one free-throw.
– Anderson came down and hit a trey off an offense rebound to take the lead 48-47 with 27 seconds left.
– On the ensuing possession, Loveland scored the go ahead with 8 seconds to go on a Mitch Suder layup off a pretty assist from Mitch Robinson.
– The Redskins inbounded the ball to their point guard, Jake Newton, who drove the length of the floor and hit the game winning shot from the right elbow with only 1.2 seconds left.
– Loveland’s desperation heave in the final second was too late.
The Tiger loss drops them to 9-11 on the season, though 6-6 in the ECC and in a three way tie for third place. Mitch Robinson led the Tigers with 12 points and 3 assists. Drew Kluender scored 8 with 2-3 from 3 pt. range.
Up next for the Tigers is Senior Night on Tuesday, as Loveland hosts Walnut Hills (10-2, 13-6) and honors six seniors. Game time is 7:30 PM.
|Thursday, February 09, 2017|
All photos © 2017 by David Miller/Loveland Magazine
Jarvis Global is an investment advisory firm in Symmes Township, Ohio which offers private portfolio management and retirement services to high net worth individuals.