We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
You can #BeThe1To help someone in crisis.
- CAPS 24 hour Consultation and Crisis Helpline: Evenings, weekends, and other times when we are closed, you may call our direct number at 513-556-0648 and press 1, to speak with a counselor 24/7. For more information on services for students in crisis
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness is the largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with mental health concerns. www.nami.org
Suicide Prevention Phone Apps
- LifeBuoy – This unique app is designed specifically to assist suicide survivors after a recent attempt. It offers a daily mood diary, suggestions for decreasing social isolation, and other ways to monitor increased warning signs of suicidality. (iP)
- Virtual Hope Box – This app provides help with emotional regulation and coping with stress via personalized supportive audio, video, pictures, games, mindfullness exercises, positive messages and activity planning, inspirational quotes, coping statements, and other tools. (iP,A)
- ReliefLink – This award-winning suicide prevention app assists users with tracking daily mood/thoughts, creating a safety plan, locating the nearest hospitals, and obtaining quick-access to coping methods. (iP)