Dear Loveland Magazine Readers,
The Dragonfly Foundation has an URGENT, DESPERATE NEED for gift cards to give to our Dragonflies.
PLEASE DONATE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING (IN AMOUNTS RANGING FROM $5-$25):
- Amazon gift cards
- Visa/MasterCard gift cards
- Target gift cards
- Walmart gift cards
- Gas cards from national chains
Gift cards are important because:
- Dragonflies love to receive them (you won’t believe how much time even our youngest patients put into researching what they want or need!)
- Dragonfly and hospital staff can easily give gift cards to patients/families in times of distress or crisis, and for special occasions, including the holidays
- We have families that can’t afford to visit their kids in the hospital, so gas cards are incredibly important
- Hospitals have requested them and we simply don’t have enough
- Donations are critical to our mission
Please send them to The Dragonfly Foundation at 9275 Governors Way, Cincinnati, OH 45249. If you would like to donate funds to have us purchase gift cards on your behalf, please visit Dragonfly.org or text TDF to 91999.
Your support is a light in the dark times of young cancer patients and their families. Please help us empower their flight.
At a time when there is so much need in the world, we sincerely appreciate your support of The Dragonfly Foundation.
Ria & Christine
Co-Founders, The Dragonfly Foundation
The Dragonfly Foundation provides relentless support, relevant materials, and caring, nurturing and transformative experiences. For more information, please visit Dragonfly.org.
To make a tax-deductible donation, please text TDF to 91999.
To become a fundraiser, please text WINGS to 71777.
WHAT WE DO
We provide support to young patients, siblings/offspring and parents/caregivers – as well as direct support to social workers, Child Life representatives, and hospital staff that care for patients while they are in the hospital. The support comes in the form of Caring, Community and Awareness that results in better Emotional health (C.A.R.E.).
The Dragonfly Foundation provides distractions from the emotional, physical, and financial toll of cancer and bone marrow transplants, as well as the post-traumatic stress associated with the trauma of diagnosis, treatment and recovery. We also work to establish connections and community at a time when patients, siblings, and caregivers feel the most alone and isolated.
Our primary services, which vary by location, fall into four main areas:
- “Gifts” for the Hospital, Patients and Families/Caregivers
- Distractions (toys, electronics, video games and more) and gifts provided directly to the hospital (for inventory replenishment) and to patients, both in- and out-patient
- New Diagnosis/Extended Stay CARE Packages (bags include personal care items, office [file folder, pens, dry erase board, etc.] and laundry supplies, hospital in-room meal cards and our Parents to Parents Tip Booklet.)
- “I Am Still Me”® Hair Loss Care Packages, sponsored in part by Claire’s), which include such items as lint rollers, hats, scarves, jewelry, accessories, sunscreen, lotions, makeup and more (based on both age and sex), as well as our I Am Still Me™ Hair Loss Book.
- Social Events and Entertainment (average of five patient/family events per week in Cincinnati; events will be added in other locations as resources allow)
- Donated tickets and suites at various venues (suites are especially important for young patients with compromised immune systems)
- Dragonfly-sponsored annual events, such as our Parents Night Out Events, Picnic, Kings Island Day, Fall Fest, Holiday Party, and more!
- Day camp and spa day opportunities
- Caregiver, child-only, sibling-only, and young adult-only events
- Celebrity meet-and-greet events
- Emotional Health, Awareness and Support Programs
- Patient/Family Spaces in Cincinnati
- The Landing: We operate a 6,000 sq. ft. clubhouse for patients and families (“Every Dragonfly Needs A Place To Land”). It is a great place for our families to connect with one another.
- Our Dragonfly Suite at US Bank Arena: Our Dragonflies have the opportunity to attend every concert and sporting and theatrical event held at the venue.
- Public Awareness Programs
- Published 2 books to date that offer tips and advice
- Laptop/Technology Program:
- To date, we have donated 52 laptops, more than 50 iPad models, 3 charging stations, video game systems, and more to enhance quality of life in the hospital and to help patients remain connected to the world outside the hospital
- Beads of Courage®
- Sky Panels®, hi-def florescent light covers that look like skylights
- Patient/Family Spaces in Cincinnati
- Community Connections
- If we have the time and can make something happen in a few phone calls, we will certainly try.
- Private social media pages to support patients/families, young adults, Dragonfly caregivers, and “Dragonflies Who Have Flown”
- Public engagement programs
As an independent foundation, we rely on the time, talent, resources and connections of our supporters to help sustain our mission.
WHAT OUR DRAGONFLIES SAY:
“The Dragonfly Foundation is a light in a dark place. You allowed B to feel joy and happiness during a time of pain and sadness.”
“The Dragonfly Foundation came into our lives at a point where we were LOW. You lifted our spirits and helped us forget about the battle J and the whole family had been battling for what felt like an eternity. We are still talking about the wonderful gifts you gave us and we will NEVER forget your kindness. WE LOVE THE DRAGONFLY FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!”
“TDF gives kids an identity! My daughter likes to say “I’m a Dragonfly”. After a hard day this is motivating! We belong and are part of something. Something amazing! Thanks, TDF!”