Illustration by the City of Loveland
Loveland, Ohio – City Hall has announced that new benches and an agility course are coming to the Matt Haverkamp Foundation Dog Park.
The expected installation is in late August.
These amenities are being purchased from the sale of items from Public Works sale of outdated equipment, vehicles, etc., according to the City Administration.
About the Matt Haverkamp Foundation Dog Park
The approximately two-acre dog park is located at the rear of Kiwanis Park on Wall Street. The dog park is adjacent to the ballfield. The park is entirely fenced and features benches for seating.
The dog park is dedicated to all K9s and their handlers who serve the Loveland community and the Greater Cincinnati area, thanks to The Matt Haverkamp Foundation. Since 2007, the city has worked with The Matt Haverkamp Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) established in remembrance of Golf Manor Police K9 handler Matt Haverkamp. The Foundation provides K9 officers to police agencies around the Tri-State.
The dog park opened in Spring 2022 as a result of resident suggestions to the city’s Recreation Board. The Board moved the project forward with the help of a group of local high school seniors from Tigers Inc., Loveland High School’s nonprofit organization for students with business skill interests.
In 2023, a small dog area and a water source were added to the park.
Dog Park Rules:
1. Use park at your own risk.
2. Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times.
3. Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park.
4. Dog waste must be cleaned up by owners immediately.
5. Owners must be within the dog park and supervising their dog with leash readily available.
6. Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
7. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
8. Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
9. Dog should be under voice control.
10. Prohibited: Human food, dog food, dog treats, glass containers, dogs in heat, sick dogs, aggressive dogs, puppies (under 4 months old).