Loveland, Ohio – The Loveland Learning Garden is hosting a scavenger hunt for kids in their garden as part of The Greater Cincinnati Great Outdoor Weekend on Sunday, September 25 between Noon and 4 PM.
The Garden is on the campus of the Loveland Primary and Elementary schools.
Click the image below to search for other events near you…
About the Loveland Learning Garden
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Facebook
The mission of Loveland Learning Garden is to foster lifelong connections to the wonders of the natural world. Their mission statement says, “We believe in the benefits of immersing kids in the outdoors from a young age and the lasting impact of positive impressions with nature.” To support this, the non-profit creates and manages garden and nature-based programs on school grounds for elementary students. “Our garden and nature trail are used to enhance classroom study while allowing children an opportunity to experience nature, the satisfaction of growing their own food, and contributing harvest to the local food pantry.”
The program in Loveland serves ~1,400 1st through 4th-grade students and has been a local and national role model for outdoor school garden and nature programs. Working in collaboration with school administration and staff, they offer a complete package of services that include:
- Design and year-round maintenance of educational food garden and nature trail on school grounds.
- A customized, age-appropriate curriculum aligned with both school and state requirements
- A schedule of outdoor learning classes is provided for classroom teacher signup
- Nature educators prepared to teach interactive lessons
- A non-profit board overseeing results and building a sustainable operation with strong school and teacher partnership
- Hands-on learning enhancing student understanding of science, math, social studies, health, and the natural world as they interact with their environment.
- After-school enrichment programs and community events
- Donation to the local food pantry and use of all food grown
- Student discovery of plant cycles, garden habitats, food production, and fresh produce
- Student connection and observation of change in nature
The Learning Garden is on the search for Nature Educators to lead lessons in the garden and/or nature trail during the school day or as part of our afterschool program this fall. Here is the link to the Volunteer Match.
Come volunteer with other like-minded people in the beautiful learning garden. No experience is necessary, the new garden manager will be there to guide you all along the way. Tasks may include transplanting, planting seeds, weeding, laying wood chips, compost management, etc. Meet at the garden located in between the Loveland Primary and Elementary schools on Loveland Madeira Road. The garden is in between the buildings when looking from the street side. Look for a garden shed with the Learning Garden logo, Bring your family and friends. Children are welcome, Feel free to leave early or come later as needed.